- Accredited – Jaya Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher – Safe and Sustainable Yoga – Yoga for Women’s Health – Yin – Restorative – Yoga Therapy – Pranayama – Meditation.
- Completed training with Klose; Anatomy & Physiology of the Lymphatic System.
- Reiki – First Degree in the Usui-System of Natural Healing.
- Edu-K Network NZ – Introduction to Brain Gym.
- Cadence Health – Accredited Certificate of Nutrition.
- Open Polytechnic – Counselling Theory.
- First Aid CPR Certificate
- True Nature Practitioner and Presenter
- Women’s Wellness Coach
Yoga Classes and Private Sessions
- Paparimu Hall Yoga $10.00pp
- Bring a Mat or Hire one for $2.00, base mat provided if needed.
- All Yoga Props Included (you may want to invest in your own Props)
- Keep Cup or Mug for Hot Drink
- Towle + Small Cozy Blanket
Other Yoga Sessions with Amanda
Lymphatic Flow + Zen Yin Restore
Yoga Glow Saturday
- Saturday Morning: 9:30am in Studio or on Farm
- $15.00pp in our cosy Studio or out amongst Nature 60min
- Private and Group Sessions available at our Country Studio in Bombay, please contact to book your session limited spaces for Studio Max 4 people in Studio (Safe Practicing Distance)
Yoga for Franklin Breast Cancer Support Group
Wednesday: 4:30pm – 5:30pm | Pukekohe | BC Franklin Lymphatic Class
Breast Cancer Support Group (Private Class) you must belong to the Franklin Breast Cancer Support Group to Join these classes. Please contact Shona via the Facebook page to find out more information about this wonderful group.
Please bring a small towel and water bottle, all props provided.
All classes are open level, and require no previous Yoga experience to attend.
Book a Private One on One or group Session:
- $70.00 per person at Bombay Farm Yoga Studio or Paparimu Hall or Local at your Place up to 4 friends
- $225.00 Private Group Yoga: Your Venue | Hens Nights | Work Group | Includes Travel South Auckland area.
- $160.00 Private Group Yoga at Bombay Farm Yoga Studio
All Yoga Props included.
This is not your typical Yoga Practice; About: Lymphatic Flow + Zen Yin Restore…
Yoga for Lymphatic Flow by Amanda | A gentle sequence of movements to encourage Lymphatic Flow, this is a holistic Yoga practice encompassing Therapeutic poses| Breath Work | Body Connection.
Lymphatic Flow is designed for all ages, fitness levels and mobility, this practice can aid you, by assisting your immune system at times of stress, injury and recovery; allowing you to drop pressure and unwind. This slow engaging practice is one that you will thank yourself for, a true self-care practice.
Incorporating Lymphatic Yoga into your Breast Cancer Treatment Plan:
In studies of women with breast cancer, yoga has been shown to reduce fatigue and improve quality of sleep, physical vitality.
I will work with you to your own ability, it is important to move and practice in a way that is right for you. This includes changing your practice to incorporate movement that benefits your needs. Your needs will evolve; you may need a plan that allows for gentle movement from Chair Yoga to Floor based movement. When lymph nodes have been removed, we have less focus movements that accumulates downwards pressure (downwards dog).
Lymph Fluid v Blood; Lymph Fluid moves by muscular contractions opposed to Blood, Blood moves as a result of the heart pumping. Physical movement such as Yoga is a tool to increasing lymphatic flow.
“Lymph vessels are collectors of the protein rich fluid Lymph, the vessels transport the Lymph fluid. Your Lymph nodes are the filtering stations. There are around 600 – 700 lymph nodes in the human body. The study of the the Lymphatic System is in no way complete research is ongoing into this vast field of the Lymphatic System.”
“Even though this is a gentle form of yoga practice, always check with your Doctor or Oncologist before you begin a yoga practice. Please contact me with any concerns, I am happy to discuss with you. This practice has been developed personally by me, whilst working alongside the Franklin Breast Cancer Support Group.”
Yin & Restore:
This end of the day wind-down practice is profoundly healing on all levels.
A combination of deep yin, fully propped restorative, and yoga therapeutics, we will travel you into the depths of your parasympathetic nervous system, where you can nourish all of your body’s systems, melting away tension in your muscular tissue moving into your parasympathetic nervous system.
During practice we focus on breath and being present in the pose, leading to a deeper sense of relaxation. Wind-down and Restore with this indulgent practice.
Treat this practice like your most self-indulgent experience of quality ‘me’ time.